Friday, October 29, 2010

Various lulz spawning from my High School Career

So, I'm a high school student now. And as a high school student, I get to meet a variety of people. Right now, I plan on telling you a bit about those people.

That one girl from my AP Math class
So, I was in my AP Math class, and our teacher was playing this game that involved him drawing a certain number of circles on the board and as a class, we could erase either one, two or three of them at a time. So, this girl pipes up "Wait! Isn't one the same as three?"

No. No it's not.

People taking credit for things that I say.
This again has something to do with the girl mentioned above.

I'll say something REALLY SMART but then the teacher won't hear me right? So what do the people sitting at the front of the class do? REPEAT IT. What does the teacher do? PRAISE THEM. I'm sitting in the back corner of the class, doing my work like a good little girl and then the people at the front are the people the teacher can name.

Speaking of teachers who don't know my name,
I've got two teachers who I'm pretty sure don't know what my name is. My band teacher and my Math teacher.

Now, I realize that I'm a big girl going to a big girl school now and not everybody can know my name, but I think that once I'm in THREE of somebody's classes, that's enough for them to learn what my name is WITHOUT looking at a list don't you think? I mean, don't get me wrong, my band teacher is a pretty cool guy, and I like him and all, but life's easier if you know the alto's name instead of just calling them "alto" because when we have full rehearsals and there's more than one alto sax, he's screwed. Actually, no, he's not because he can just point to me. It's easy enough seeing as I'm usually sitting on the very end of the row. And when I'm playing my guitar in the "Rock Band" course that happens after school, he just refers to me as "a girl" or he just points. I give him another month.

Math isn't so bad, seeing as our teacher doesn't really need to know our names to be able to teach us math. That's all I have to say about that.

Unexpectedly high grades
This has happened in a few subjects. AP English being one of them. I have an 88 % average in that class right now and I have no clue how. English is my worst subject, but I can write and I suppose I have that to my advantage. But seriously, when it comes to reading comprehension and literary analysis I am a complete dunce. (But apparently not seeing as those are the sections I seem to be doing well on.)

Also, music. We just had our music midterm right after I switched to the Alto Saxophone. Therefore I had to relearn almost all of the midterm material (Actually, no because I hadn't really started looking at it on flute yet) in the few weeks I had before the exam. You know what? I passed that exam with honors. I have no clue how, but I guess I'm just that AWESOME.


Nothing to do with school, but important to me.
So, I went to the optometrist today to get my eyes checked and you know what he said? "Your eyes are completely the same, you don't need new glasses :D!"

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! I fell in love with a pair of frames before my appointment and now you're telling me that I can't get new ones! Bull crap. Our benefits won't cover new glasses if the prescription hasn't changed and so now I have to live with my current ones that don't look half bad anyways.

Another thing.
My hair is now black and red.
It took two and a half hours to complete.
It's gorgeous.

/post

No comments:

Post a Comment